The British Council Italy Cultural Advisory Board uses the collective expertise, intelligence and activities of its members to:
- Increase the resilience and standing of the UK and Italian culture sectors through sustained dialogue and sharing of knowledge
- Enhance the benefits of bilateral cultural relations activities for the UK and Italy
- Position culture at the centre of the UK/Italy bilateral relationship
The Board was established following the positive experience of working with the Italy Programme Board on the UK/Italy Season 2020.
Members were appointed to the Board following an open call in March 2021, which sought to secure a complementary range of experiences and knowledge so that the committee reflects the rich diversity of the Italian culture sector.
The Cultural Advisory Board meets three times a year.
Meet our board members:
- Leonardo Alfonsi, Science Communicator and Director, Psiquadro
- Diana Anselmo, Student and activist, Vice President of Al.Di.Qua. Artists, Ambassador Europe Beyond Access for Oriente Occidente (Venice)
- Ugo Bacchella, President, Fondazione Fitzcarraldo
- Andrea Cusumano, Artist, academic and Artistic Director of the International Literatures Festival, Rome.
- Linda Di Pietro, Chief Cultural Officer BASE Milano
- Fabrizio Grifasi, General and Artistic Director, Romaeuropa Foundation
- Francesco Mannino, Cultural Manager and President, Associazione Officine Culturali Impresa Sociale ETS (Catania)
- Professor Cav. Simon Mordant AO, Executive Co-Chairman Luminis Partner in affiliation with Evercore
- Prof. Federica Olivares, Director, International Program in Cultural Diplomacy, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Milan)
- Maria Nevina Satta, CEO of Sardegna Film Commission (Cagliari)
- Massimiliano Tonelli, Editorial Director, Artribune
- Kathryn Weir, Director, Madre - museum of contemporary art Donnaregina, Naples