Our official IELTS test centres can help if you have visual, hearing, speaking or learning difficulties. If you need a modified version of IELTS, please give the test centre at least three months’ notice.
If special administrative arrangements (for example, extra time) need to be made then please give the test centre six weeks' notice.
Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have.
What do modified version include?
- braille papers
- special Listening CD with necessary stops and pauses
- lip-reading version of the Listening test
- enlarged print or Speaking task cards in Braille.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide:
- enlarged print
- Braille test papers
- an amanuensis to write the answers for you.
If you have hearing difficulties, we can offer:
- special amplification equipment
- a lip-reading version of the Listening module.
If you have dyslexia, we can arrange:
- extra time for the Reading and Writing tests.
Please contact us (selecting 'Before registration: dates, venues, fees, special needs') if you have special needs that may require a modified IELTS test version. At least three months before the test date if you require adaptation of test papers or at least six weeks before the test date if you require administrative changes (e.g. extra examination time).