Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card.
|Test we offer||Fee||Book|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - in centre (IELTS on paper test)||€242 Italy||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - in centre (IELTS on computer test)||€242 Italy||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration - in centre (Academic and General Training)||€265 Italy, €243 Malta||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) in centre||€170 Italy, €170 Malta||Book now
What you need to book
- A valid identification document. Your ID must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the consent form on line. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
- A bank card. You can pay through our online booking system.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date and time
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.