"Research skills for journalism including social media and internet research"
A 4 hour workshop
Cost: €95 per person
Dates: Thursday 19 April 2018
Time: 14.00 – 18.00
(coffee break 15.30 – 15.45)
Location: British Council, Via Manzoni, 38 MM Montenapoleone
Credits: accreditamento ODG con 4 crediti
- The English language is full of traps and confusing rules. The section shows you how to use simple words and say precisely what you mean - for TV, radio or the web. Short words in short sentences are the key to understanding.
- Hot internet research tips - a one-hour session that gives you tips for refining your searches and investigating websites for accuracy.
- Interviewing techniques - how to get the most out of interviewees, both on the telephone and face-to-face. A chance to role-play some tricky situations.
- Strategies for research and widening your sources of information - through a series of real research scenarios, a guide to fast and efficient research methods. Many researchers rely too heavily on the internet for their research, this is a chance to look at other secondary sources and some primary sources.
- Corroborating stories, people and facts - tips on how to ensure your research and information gathering is accurate, including the journalistic rule of three.