Registering for a course at the British Council is easy.
Step 1 – Book a free consultation
- Choose a consultation online, or face to face in one of our centres depending on current and local Covid measures.
- Your child will need to attend the consultation so we can assess their English ability and find the most suitable course for them.
- If your child is under 7 years old they do not need to take a test or level check, however we strongly encourage you to book a consultation with us so we get to meet you both and have a better understanding of your child’s needs.
Step 2 – Join your consultation and take a short level test
- If you select Rome, Milan or Naples, your child’s test will be face-to face at our premises (please have a look at our dedicated page, to check the current and local Covid measures.). If you choose phone/online you will receive a unique link to Zoom for a virtual meeting in which your child will do the test. Please access Zoom and wait for the meeting to begin. We will not call you on your phone.
- During the consultation, one of our teachers will talk to your child and do a short level test to get a better idea of their English skills. They will talk to you about the results of the test and will discuss the most suitable course to support your child’s learning.
- The teacher will look at possible options for your child’s course, including locations, days, and times as well as answering any concerns you may have.
Step 3 – Register for your course
After your consultation, you can register and pay for your chosen course. You can find more information here: English courses for kids and teens.
You must be 18 years old to be able to pay and register for a course.
If you need support with booking your consultation, please contact our English language teaching centre to reach a customer service representative.