What is your child's English level? Book our free level test and meet our staff to choose the course which best suits your child’s needs .
Get Ready for a Competitive Global Future
Learning English with the British Council will give your child that solid foundation for future success. It will help them with their future studies. It will build their life skills and self-confidence.
That’s because our English courses for secondary school pupils are designed for the unique way they learn. Our in-house experts have created them by working in collaboration with teenagers from around the world. They are the ideal courses for this age group. Set at just the right pace. With the right sort of content.
WHAT DOES IT CONSIST OF?
We know that at Secondary level learners’ interests and goals are highly diverse. That’s why we structure our classes around two age groups: Lower Secondary (11-13 years) and Upper Secondary (14+ years).
With the Lower Secondary students continue to improve their English through projects and interesting activities appropriate to their age group.
The courses are led by our highly experienced and well-qualified teachers who motivate students to thrive in their English language learning with interactive and engaging activities, offering a meaningful and relevant English learning experience.
It’s a tried-and-tested combination and you’ll soon see improvement in all four of your child’s English skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Better English is the most obvious benefit. But our approach to learning also encourages your child to think critically and creatively. Build their foundations by learning English with the British Council.
Duration: Annual course from October to June. Please see below for options in your city.
The courses are offered in Rome, Milan and Naples.
Age: 12-17 years.
What your child will learn
- Gain confidence in expressing themselves in English and expand their communicative abilities.
- Deal with topics of interest to their age group in class.
- Expand their grammar and vocabulary, and learn to use them in a natural way.
- Be able to adapt their English to different contexts: leisure, academic and professional.
- Be able to sit official examinations successfully and be ready to take on challenges of this kind in a university setting.
- Develop as a person ready for a changing, globalised environment.