As British Council students you have free access to the Resource Centre, where you can borrow didactic materials, books and DVDs. A notice board with information about events and changes to Opening Hours is situated in the corridor heading to the Resource Centre.
Our delivery service allows students attending courses at satellite centres to reserve items online, pick up and return them in class.
What type of materials can you borrow in the Resource Centre?
• Grammar & Vocabulary books
• Easy Readers with audio CDs
• Listening and Pronunciation sets – Books with CDs &/or DVDs
• Cambridge KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE and IELTS past papers and Exam skills books
• Business English: Professional English Series, BEC Preliminary, Vantage and Higher
• ELT for CELTA and Delta courses
• DVDs: Films, Classics, Documentaries, Theatre, TV series
• E-books downloadable on your devices (either computer or tablet)
• Magazines: Speak Up, Harvard Business Review and The Economist
• Modern and Classic novels
What can you do from home?
• Browse the online catalogue http://bcmilan.libertyasp.co.uk on any device (computers, tablets or smartphones) - see the file in the "Downloads " section on how to download the Resource Centre app.
• Reserve and renew items.
• Download/read online e-books on your devices (computer or tablet only – NOT smartphone)
what can you do in the resource centre?
• Browse the online catalogue http://bcmilan.libertyasp.co.uk. Reserve and renew items.
• Pick up materials reserved in advance.
• Choose materials available on the shelves
• Ask the Resource Centre staff for advice. Is it possible to borrow materials "on the spot" as well.
what are your borrowing rights?
• 2 books for 2 weeks + 1 DVD for 1 week at a time renewable twice.
• Exam Material: 1 item for 1 week renewable twice.
• 2 e-books at a time for 2 weeks maximum renewable once.
Resource Centre Opening Hours
Monday 13:45 – 17:15 / 17:45 – 20:15
Tuesday: 10.45 – 13.30 / 14.00 - 18.30
Wednesday: 10.45 – 13.30 / 14.00 - 20:15
Thursday 10:45 – 13.30 / 14:00 – 20:15
Friday 10:45 – 13.30 / 14:00 – 18:30
Saturday 11:00 – 13.00 / 14:00 – 16:00