|Start in September 2019||One lesson per week|
|Milan + Lecco, Naples, Rome||6 - 10 years|
Give your child a headstart – with inspiring English classes for kids
Primary Plus, our English course for kids, will encourage your child aged six to 11 years to express themselves in a safe, motivating environment.
We create a space where only English is spoken. Children feel at the centre of their own learning. They grow in confidence as they develop their fluency in English.
Inspiring. Engaging. Motivating.
Your child will:
- build confidence by speaking in English about familiar topics such as their surroundings, from their bedroom to their neighbourhood
- express themselves through exciting activities and group projects – exploring subjects like the natural world, from under the sea to outer space
- develop important life skills, which prepare them for their future beyond the classroom.
Aged 6-7 years your child will:
- learn to read and write in English, first at word level, then at sentence level
- build accurate sentences, using new vocabulary
- understand and present their ideas in English on familiar topics.
They will do this by:
- finding out how everyone is unique in their likes, dislikes and interests
- recognising how daily lives can be similar or different
- describing their own surroundings, from their bedroom to their neighbourhood
- being aware how they express their feelings and make life choices
- thinking about the natural world and how they belong in it.
Aged 8-9 years your child will:
- learn and practise new vocabulary on familiar topics, in activities such as writing creatively
- read independently and form an interest in a variety of topics.
They will do this by:
- developing their imagination through storytelling
- learning from their curiosity about the natural world, from the sea to outer space
- thinking about and sharing ideas on how to keep happy and healthy
- exploring ways to be a good citizen
- reflecting on their life, interests and hopes for the future.
Aged 10 years your child will:
- learn story writing and to read more confidently in English
- present and compare ideas and opinions using more complex language.
- They will do this by:
- making use of their skills and knowledge to help others
- exploring issues affecting society and the environment and finding solutions
- finding out about places, cultures, ideas and inventions
- discovering the exciting world of sport and the beauty of the arts
- looking back on primary school and thinking about their hopes for the future.
Learn English and so much more
Young students on our English courses learn by getting involved in activities that interest them. Our expert teachers help them develop their English skills – and also creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
Set your child on the path to success
We see parents as partners. You will receive regular feedback on your child’s progress. At each age, we will assess their development in English language and core life skills.
Our aim is that by the end of the course your child will achieve a minimum of A2 on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
You will also get a log in to the Primary Plus online portal, so that your child can continue learning at home.