As a British Council student you have free membership to the Resource Centre where you can ask for study advice.
As a British Council student you can borrow, for free, a wide range of materials such as Easy Readers with or without audio CDs, Grammar and Vocabulary books, Pronunciation, Listening and Speaking Skills materials (books and CDs), Exam Practice materials to prepare for Cambridge ESOL Examinations and IELTS, Novels – unabridged- and a wide selection of DVDs.
The Online Catalogue and the Reservation Service
At the bottom of this page you will find the lists of materials (pdf files) available in the Resource Centre:
- · Easy Readers for adults (pdf)
- · Learning Materials: Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation, Listening (pdf)
- · Exam Preparation Material for IELTS and Cambridge ESOL Examinations (pdf)
- · DVD collection for adults (pdf)
- · Books Young Learners and Young Adults (pdf)
- · DVDs for Young Learners (pdf)
The catalogue is available on line on our computers in the British Council Offices in via Manzoni, 38.
To make reservations please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- · Student’s name and surname
- · The title (e.g. About a boy)
- · Record ID number (on top right page e.g. Record ID: 12404)
- · Pick up branch (Library (Manzoni), San Carlo or IMA)
If you study at a satellite centre, our delivery service will allow you to pick up and return materials in class.
Resource Centre Opening Hours
Monday 13:45-17:15 17:45-20:15
Tuesday-Friday 12:30-15:30 16:00-20:15
Adults classes use a social learning platform for teachers and learners, Edmodo. If you miss a lesson, Edmodo provides a catch up service to find out what was done in class and what the homewrok is. If you need study advice or have a question about grammar or vocabulary, you can ask The Language Doctor.
SPEAKING CLUB AND OTHER EVENTS FOR STUDENTS ONLY
Our adult students can join free extra activities, dedicated to our students only, such us our Speaking Clubs, for which you will have to book online.
You can download our guides below to know more about our services for our young learners and adults.